Monday, January 31, 2022

Thank God for Online Ministry (Updated)


Social media became the source of much fear and anxiety since four years ago, but ironically, everything changed last year when God led me to an online ministry on a platform called Discord. This platform allows you to create or join private chat groups called "servers" and they can have various "channels" for text or voice chat (voice chat also allows for camera and screen sharing).

I'm thankful to be part of an online ministry and community on an alternative social media platform because it has become a great way for me to escape from all the troubles that other social media platforms have been causing me. I'm also thankful for the awesome new laptop that this online community helped me to receive. One of the members of that community, Ernie Hernandez, came over to my church in November to do a concert (he's more of the sound guy that deals with the instrumentals, his wife is the singer).

I'm also thankful God provided me a job three months ago, which helps to have more real life social interactions (other than once a week at church) and keeps me from being on the internet all day.  I made a friend at work who struggles with anxiety. We connected on Discord and I shared with her some encouraging bible promises that have helped me. This is a great example of connecting with people online in order to help them in their real every day lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment